Saturday, June 28, 2014

28 Things I Love About The Standard


So, June is all about the daddies in the world and the Schulze Sisters were sure to thank their daddy on Father's Day this year. 
This picture seriously melts my heart. Nothing sweeter than this dad attempting to do his daughter's hair. (HB may hate when he touches her hair and screams and cries like he is beating her, but that's besides the point)



Since Poppy was born, it has been a lot harder to get out of the house and plan a fabulous Father's Day celebration like I wanted to do, but for the record, I had great intentions.  
Instead, Harper Belle last minute gifted her dad with a stick on mustache. That we found in the arts and crafts drawer in the kitchen...
I know, awesome. 
We did have fun acting like idiots with the mustache for awhile, though. This is probably why Penelope looked like she hated life for the first 10 weeks of her life. I do crap like this to her. 





But I thought in this post, I could write the many things that I love and appreciate about my husband (who is nicknamed The Standard from a friend because he is a pretty ideal hubs who super takes care of me, the kids, and the house).
Since I didn't get the time to buy him a stupid card and write it in there, here goes nothing:

1. He looks good in gym shorts.
2. He takes us to Disney World and doesn't complain.
3. He lets us buy 12389012830912 $60.00 Disney costumes and doesn't complain
4. He took me to a Jessica Simpson concert when we were in High School. 
5. HE COOKS FOR US!  Lord knows I suck at cooking.  Every night this hunk has dinner for us.  A to the Men. 
6. Not only does he cook ladies, but he cleans the house, too.  
7. Let me make you all jealous, he does the laundry as well.  (I don't sit on my ass all the time, I promise, I do some stuff)
8. He will watch Real Housewives of Orange County with me. 
9. He admits that I am a better driver then him. 
10. He also admits that I am a pretty awesome college football fan. Go Noles!
11. He will rub my feet if I annoy him enough.
12. He ignores all the bags I come home with when I go shopping. 
13. He also ignores the fact that I go to Target probably 4 times a week. 
14. He is really cute. 
15. He likes to explore with me. And be lazy with me.  
16. He might not admit it, but I know he likes when I watch Sex and the City reruns on E!
17. He is funny. Not as funny as me. But he is pretty funny. 
18. He saw Moulin Rouge with me at the movie theater when we were 16 years old.  I am sorry you sat through that...and all the other garbage movies I made you see...like Beverly Hills Chihuahua.
19. He loves his two little girls more than anything in the world. 
20. His two little girls love him more than anything in the world. 
21. He makes me fall more in love with him every day. 
22. He has always put his family first. 
23. He never lets me forget I fell down the stairs at a theater show at Universal Studios in front of hundreds of people. 
24. He is so obnoxiously a boy. He always wants to wrestle and it hurts. He does stupid boy things. 
25. He might not understand it, but he has come to accept my ridiculous shoe collection. 
26. He also accepts my Rastafarian hair and the fact that it is constantly a mess. 
27. Let's face it, I love him because he loves me and I am a mess. 
28. He is just freaking awesome. 




I love you. Happy Father's Day/Month to a really good dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment